Tasting wine

People often ask what is your favorite wine or which one of these is the very best?
I have to answer that what ever I am having at the moment is my favorite. They will then look at me and I know they’re thinking here I’ve ask for advice and he gives me the run around. But, this is not true. I’m perfectly honest when I say what I say. When there is enough time in the day to sit for a few moments and quietly enjoy the fruits of labor that go into a glass of wine it is a special time. The main thing to remember when searching for that perfect bottle is that there is so much more to consider than just taste.
The great experts on wine all agree that wine is always changing and their passion is to monitor those changes and compare their experiences with others. This is the art of wine tasting. To assess a bottle of wine with your peers, to compare your taste with someone else is what makes it fun. In the weeks to come I will be bringing you some of the experiences that we have had and share with you some of our favorites. This will be an honest and easy to understand assessment of wine in all kinds of styles and prices that should help you pick just the right wine for you and your tasting.
Tip of the week: Start with an open bottle and an open mind.

Comments

  1. Enjoyed a 2003 Napanook blend by Dominus Saturday night. Very rich red tree fruit right from the start that held firm till the end which was the next night! Fairly soft tannins all very surprising because the wine was not cellared in perfect conditions. I was able to save a glass for Sunday with a simple vacuum seal and left out on the kitchen counter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red Velvet by Cupcake Vineyards is definitely velvety! Wonderful flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts