Crafts

I'm not a constant crafter like some, but now and then I get the urge to be creative, especially when it involves recycling. Several years ago, I saw a wine cork wreath at a friend's house, and immediately started saving corks.  I got them from sources other than home consumption, too, like pouring wine at a charity event.   Fairly soon, I broke out my hot glue gun on a rainy winter day, and here is the result.

 
Between my bottle tree, and craft ideas, I find it impossible to throw out a blue bottle.  I made a wind chime, but the cat pictured here (with the chime) knocked it off onto the concrete.
 
 
 Here's another idea:
 
 
I found the bottle cutter from the craft store harder to use than expected.  One tip I got was to heat the bottle in the oven after scoring and then tap the line.  This method calls for boiling water: http://www.ehow.com/how_7796178_cut-glass-wine-bottle-art.html


Then again, we have a Dremel.  http://www.ehow.com/how_6619733_cut-glass-bottles-dremel.html

Or we could avoid cutting:


Now that there is no local recycling of glass (Monument Street facility stopped taking them), those bottle are piling up.

Put safety first in all these efforts with glass, dear readers!

We invite you to post your related craft pictures on our Facebook page.

Happy Crafting!





Comments

Popular Posts